January 14, 2013

Seifuku no Ojisama - menu translation and system overview

This game... I was prone to find it sooner or later, considering such appealing content suiting my peculiar tastes. The most surprising, however, is the sole existence of such a thing!
Welcome to the moeoji-bu!
So the protagonist (default name is Sachi Aida, changeable) is about to graduate and needs to find the career she'll adapt the best and live off happily ever after. However, she suddenly finds herself attached to certain men attending to different jobs and using certain kinds of uniforms - older men - and she decides she wants to work at their place because she was first in awe of their uniforms, wanting to feel what it was like to wear such suits, but will she relate to these men in ways other than being co-workers...?

Considering the premise, the protagonist is actually of age, so it's a "safe" game... as in, not a "jailbait", if you follow (_ ̄ー ̄)

And wow, the art in this, it's so PRETTY~
And it has A LOT of CG scenes!
And the target characters have VOICE ACTING~ (not 100% of dialogue though)
And there is catchy MUSIC too!
And the PRESENTATION also feels so good~

The best of it all? It's FREE!!
Oh but you don't know a single thing about Japanese? No problem at all, I've got you covered!

Warning for long post, screenshot and feelings excess.

Translations are written in blue over the actual screenshots. Click them to view in a better resolution.

When you first open the game, it asks if this is your first time playing it or not. I don't really know HOW you are supposed to continue it since the game auto-loads where you last left off, but I assume you're able to continue your game data from another device.
After choosing the left option:

You can only input names with the maximum of 3 characters (be it roman, kana or kanji) for each name, that means I ended up being "Lan Lau" (which I am already used to at these kind of game).
The bottom field is where you can insert a code to have gifted items right at the beginning of the game. Since I didn't knew much about it, I went in and started with no code, so I do not know what exactly is the gift, but I think it is gacha tickets (which are very important in this game). I later found out an usable code is cpoj5216 and I'll try it out when testing this game under another device.

This is the main menu after you've set foot in the game and have choosen your route/character. It plays very like a Gree game, but without the boring social aspect and a much better quality overall.
Automatic free supplies are 5 story tickets a day (reloaded around 4AM Japanese Standard Time) and 1 stamina each 3 minutes. Sometimes the staff will give presents to all the players, in which you must click the news button to check what code you need to insert to recieve your items (so it's not an auto-recieve event, players must be constantly aware of this).
There's always a convenient "new" indicator flashing everywhere you need to check next, so it's a very straightforward experience.


This is what the story menu looks like - you first choose the chapter and then the part of the story you want to read.
When a story has a CG in it, it will read "premium" instead of "story-##".
When a new chapter has a requitement to unlock, it will read "mission" instead of "chapter-##". Upon selecting the mission, you can see what the requirement is - I am assuming missions only require the Skill parameter to rise.
Each new story uses up a ticket. Replaying past stories doesn't. If you replay a story containing a choice, even if you select a different one, it will not change the Affection parameter.
While reading a story, if you press the menu button of your device, you will get two options at the bottom: The left one turns on the Skip function (touch the screen to disable); the right one calls up options to set up the BGM and Sound Effects volume.


Going baito uses Stamina, which will recover automatically 1 point every 3 minutes until it hits the maximum of 100 points. Each time you do, you get a little of Skill and Gold. Sometimes there will be a period in which you obtain more of these resources - it will be indicated as "fever", like pictured.
Skill is meant to pass missions successfully (first one requires 1000 Skill points).
Gold is used at the Silver Gacha. Yeah, gold means silver, go figure Japanese logic.

The Shop is where you buy all the optional cash items. You can select the item category at the top and exchange real money (Japanese Yen) for Coins, which in turn is the currency used at the Shop.
At the status items page, the high-heels provide Skill+, the red hearts provide Affection+ and the blue hearts provide Affection-.
Items in the other pages are straightforward from the images. I do not know what each item does in depth because I haven't bought anything from there yet although I am really tempted to do so.


Unlike similar games, here the Gacha is something of utmost importance - it gives character CGs.
From the moment I am writing this review, Gold (the free currency) only serves to spin Gacha, while Coins (the cash currency) not only serves for Gacha but also for buying assorted items.
Every time you spin Gacha, besides the CG you will also earn a small amount of Gold back to you. Like similar games though, you can get repeated CG, so a player probably needs to spend obscene amounts of Gold to obtain the full gallery for each character.
When you are gifted with Gacha tickets for free spins, please note the tickets are used up first, and then the select currency afterwards.
I do not know what is the difference from the Silver Gacha (free) and the Gold Gacha (cash), however, I have yet to get any Ending CG while spinning only the free kind, so I'll be assuming Gold Gacha gives End CG while the Silver Gacha gives regular Chapter CG.

At the CG Collection, you can view the game CG you've earned through Gacha, and also replay the full scene for the CG.
CG in color means you have seen it before during the story - while viewing such CG, if you touch the screen once, you will see an arrow sign at the middle, which if you click it once you start the replay for that scene.
CG in BW means you have gotten it from the lottery but you are still unable to view it because you need to reach it's story first in order to be allowed.
When you get a CG from a story you have already read, it will come in BW too - you need to go to the Story menu and select that scene in order to get the CG (the story you need to replay will be marked with a "check" sign). Replaying past stories is free anyway, so no worries there.

To recieve presents from the codes the Staff gives through the news posts, when you scroll up the main menu options you should see a new, black and white icon which brings you to the Present menu.
There you may enter codes to recieve gifted items. Since the interface is easy from this screen onwards, I've only translated the yes/no prompt which will show when you click an item in your recieve box and want to retrieve it.

PHEW~
After such post, now there are no excuses for playing this "because it's in Japanese" anymore~
If you still have any other questions regarding this game, post in the comments and I'll try to answer you the best I can =D
You, young woman. Yes, you. Go download this, right now. You won't resist regret it.


Useful Data


Also known as: 制服のオジサマ [Seifuku no Ojisama] (Mister in Uniform)
Release: 20/Oct/2012
Developer: Poppy Seed
System: Android
Where to find: Android-F2P

8 comments:

  1. Can you make some kind of guide of which choices get the most affection? Even if it was a kind of rule of thumb or something. At the moment I'm just picking the leftmost one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I only have access to the Android version, I can make a guide for it, but I don't know if the choices are shown in the same order in the iOS version and thus can't guarantee they will work the same.
      I'll try making something like the Forbidden Love guides ^^

      Delete
    2. That would be really helpful! I'm playing it on Android so no worries there. I keep losing points, my kana and pretty basic kanji aren't quite enough to get what's going on >_<
      Is it possible to replay the routes once you've finished them?

      Delete
  2. Hi! I was wondering if you knew of any good place to get a walkthrough of this? Specifically James' route. I'm terrible at reading kanji and hiragana , so I kind of end up picking the wrong choice.

    Regardless, thank you for posting this up! Now I can enjoy the game a little more thoroughly. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With a little digging around I managed to find this: http://matome.naver.jp/odai/2135121613793826801
      It should be fairly easy to understand, it lists how each choice affects your parameter.
      I just wish I'd found it earlier, I'm on chapter 6 and my affection is only 20 ;u; I only started really translating the choices last chapter, I just hope I can get it up in time!

      Delete
    2. When I first found out this game, I have used that guide too, however, some of the answers listed there were marked wrongly (I don't know if they corrected it up somewhere along the way or if it's still with wrong answers to this date), that's why I am posting my own walkthrough here - please check back often as I'll be posting the other character routes soon, just need to type and format it all ^^

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This isn't available in my country...
    Fuck my life! Seriously!!!

    ReplyDelete