March 19, 2013

Cinderella and the Twenty Four O'Clock Bell - Spencer Hendrick end

Warning for "Unlimited Ranting Words".

When I first read about "that Cinderella game" more than a year ago, I saw the cast and had eyes only for Reynald Halloween because of his seiyuu (Takeshi Kusao, known for Cless Alvein from Tales series, also notable for Shugo Aizawa from Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 3). However, it hit me hard when I knew his character didn't had a route, so I forgot completely about that game.

So gentlemanly charming~

Time skip to a few days ago, friday, March 8th 2013: I found out Jouji Nakata had voiced a character in an otome game which was released prior to Double Score. While looking it up, a surprised face was rised as I figured "that Cinderella game" had turned into a series, much like other QuinRose franchises.
Being the big seiyuu stalker I am, the wonders of modern day tech allowed me to play this game last week. And wow, it sure was a fast play...


"Hm? Ah, it's you... What a relief, I WAS WAITING FOR YOU."
Wow, so stalkerish of him!

Spencer's ending is triggered during another character's route: his name is Linus Rundall and he is voiced by Yusa Koji, who's yet another seiyuu I like listening to, but unfortunately, I disliked his character here, so the game was kept at auto-skip for most of the time.

So when you meet Spencer for the first time, you're walking through the streets and kinda bump into that cute shitsuji-looking man - this casual meeting somehow turns into him being hurt by a cat and the heroine trying to hurt him even more mend him, and afterwards, him inviting the heroine to hang out at some random fair.

Cue the classic scene of "Your boyfriend is so cute!"
"I am not her boyfriend..." "Really? But you look like a perfect couple!"

Spencer eventually finds out the heroine likes sweets, and then takes her to some other place where he fetches her a lot of sweet foods. And after a heroine's dialogue window sounding like "So, Spencer, about that...", the staff roll starts playing.
As I got a big WTF face, I also felt a lot of pity for Spencer, because it was like the heroine had just friendzoned him! ;Orz

I know you're not hurt because of the cat,
you're hurt for not having a proper end - am I right?

And that's why I called this post "end" instead of "route" - Spencer is simply a subcharacter gifted with a single ending into the game script.
Come on, QuinRose, I know you can do a lot better than this, really, I am very eager for the next game, being released later in May (Cinderella and the Zero O'Clock Bell), because both Spencer and Reynald are being main, targetable characters... but for now, "that Cinderella game" was just a letdown so far, considering my own peculiar tastes, but of course, your mileage may vary.


Useful Data



Also known as: 24時の鐘とシンデレラ ~Halloween Wedding~ [Nijuu-yon-ji no Kane to Cinderella ~Halloween Wedding~] (Cinderella and the Twenty Four O'Clock Bell ~Halloween Wedding~)
Release: 20/Sep/2012
Developer: QuinRose
System: PSP
Where to find: Regular ver. | Regular ver. | Limited ver. | Limited ver. | OST

No comments:

Post a Comment