December 26, 2012

Eternal Sonata in a nutshell

I have just finished Eternal Sonata this afternoon.

It is truly a masterpiece, having now outshined Final Fantasy Tactics as my #1 RPG.
Please, Chopin-san, play Fantasie Impromptu for my listening pleasure~
I have bought this game used from an ebay seller, and I am unable to thank the seller enough to make me able to play this game within my lifespan (and such a preserved copy it is).

Since November 8th, I had over 50 hours of fun playing this RPG, and through it I came to learn more about the life of the one who maybe is my favourite classical composer of all time - Frederic Chopin.

I do not plan on sharing spoilers about the game's ending, but I just wanted to share my every feel on it - the strong ones who have already passed through that ending will know for sure...
Love his longcoat,
so gentlemanly pretty <3

THIS GAME IS A NAKIGE!! I mean it! Thank God I was alone in the living room, because tears just wouldn't stop falling from my eyes while credits wouldn't stop rolling up on screen (I'd probably had died out of dehydration if someone else was there and started mocking me up for crying upon a videogame).

Just to be clear: It's not the first time. Some many years ago, Klonoa's ending had also made such a devastating effect on me.
However, unlike Klonoa, in which the end suddenly turned into a sad story; in Eternal Sonata I cried not only because of something I already knew it was going to happen (it was shown since the very first cutscene), but also for something else I knew I was unable to stop it from happening.

To think I've yet to go through the whole game once again, since I need to do the "New Game +" anyway. When the time comes to finish the grand encore, I'll be sure to reserve a day in which I am able (and prepared) to feel sad to my heart's content.

Man... the real Chopin died in 1849, and now I feel like I'm sad for his death since before I was even born...


Useful Data




Also known as: トラスティベル ~ショパンの夢~ [Trusty Bell - Chopin no Yume] (Trusty Bell - Chopin's Dream)
Release: 21/Oct/2008 (English, PS3 version)
Developer: Tri-Crescendo
System: PS3, Xbox 360
Where to find: PS3-US | X360-JP | Drama CD

No comments:

Post a Comment